Airbnb is one of the fastest growing components of the hospitality industry. We are offering Airbnb as a solution for may of our investors. Let's cover some of the ground rules and requirements to participate in our Airbnb program.
We do see there is about a 30% more income stream with Airbnb but there are some downsides that you need to be aware of before you jump into this pool:
- We cannot prevent some random visitor from causing extensive harm to your property or furnishings. Even though there are some precautions provided by Airbnb, you could get a visitor who doesn't respect property.
- Occupancy varies tremendously depending on the season and the price. Just like normal rentals, if you want a rediculous price for your property, we won't be able to meet your expectations.
- It will take some time to "dial in" your property in terms of price and processes. Every property has it's kinks and it will take time to determine the optimal price for your property.
The Property Must Meet 3 Location Requirements:
- City - Must be in the townships of North Las Vegas, Henderson or Las Vegas. There is a large section of Las Vegas that is actually Clark County and not in the township of Las Vegas. Homes in an unincorporated area are being searched by the Casino Mafia. They are actively looking for Airbnb operaitons and working with the government to shut them down. They don't want you messing with their casinos. These are tax record comparisons of what you are looking for.
- HOAs - 95% of the HOAs out there have a rule that prevents stays for less than 30 days. Some HOAs are more stringent than others. It's a good idea to check the rules before you spend a bunch of money doing this.
- Other Airbnbs - You have to be 660 feet away from another Airbnb. That's pretty easy to find by searching Airbnbs on the map.
We are not liable for your location. If for any reason, some government entity or local association prevents you from operating and Airbnb location, we will not be held accountable. You must do your own homework.
The Property Needs To Meet These 4 Conditions:
- Your property must have it's own license. $500 for each property.
- The property must have carbon monoxide detectors.
- The property must be properly furnished. This spreadsheet has basic requirements. The more features, the more money. If you want to furnish your own property, go for it. We charge $500 set up the basic furnishings and will provide you an estimate up front. There is a lot to furnishing a property.
Once you have a home that meets location and condition requirements, we will get you up and running.
- All these fees need to be paid up front:
- Start up fee $500.
- License fee will be $500.
- Furnishing fee will be $500.
- We will get photos & video of the property.
- The Airbnb add will be created and you will have an opportunity to approve the add.
- We will settle your account neear the end of each month. That settlement statement will include a report that has your income and expenses.