Welcome! You may find a few things wrong as you move in. DON’T PANIC. There may have been some things we didn’t catch when the last tenant moved out.
Maintenance: (702) 690-9201 / email@example.com Store this in your phone. This will become handy.
- Please please please make a list of problems BEFORE you call maintenance. If it is not urgent we will send technicians out a couple days after you settle in.
- If your problem is urgent (no AC, no heat etc) we will get on that right away.
- DO NOT CALL YOUR AGENT. This will only delay getting your problems fixed as they will just call you the next day and tell you to call maintenance.
We do not accept payments by mail! You will be given an account number for making deposits OR you will be sent an invoice through email that will enable you to pay electronically. There are no late fees if you send funds electronically on or before your due date. Tip: you can set up automatic payments this way as well.
Will be located in the kitchen drawer. If a garage remote is missing, you can purchase your own and deduct $50 from your first month’s rent OR you can call our office to schedule someone to come by. They are about $35 at Home Depot and very simple to program.
If your property has a gate, your gate remote will be located in the kitchen drawer. If a gate remote is missing, you will need to contact the HOA for one. Your HOA packet should be sent to you via email. If you didn’t get one from your agent, please contact the office. If the HOA charges you for a gate remote, you may deduct that from your first month’s rent.
If your property has a pool, your pool key will be located in the kitchen drawer. If a pool key is missing, you will need to contact the HOA for one. Your HOA packet should be sent to you via email. If you didn’t get one from your agent, please contact the office. If the HOA charges you for a pool key, you may deduct that from your first month’s rent.
MAIL BOX KEYS
Will be located in the kitchen drawer. If a mail box key is missing, you will need to meet your postman and explain you are the new tenant. Show him/her the lease. They will give you instructions on replacing it. Every community is different and we haven’t been able to figure out who does what and when.
We will give you a few days to transfer utilities if they are not off already. 4 Days after you move in, your utilities will be shut off so don’t mess around.
Tip: We can leave the lock box on your house so you don’t have to be home for water & gas.
- Nevada Power – They will generally turn on power within 3 business days. They don’t need access to your home.
- Southwest Gas – These folks require access. You can choose between hanging around your home or giving them the lock box code.
- Las Vegas – If they don’t have access, they will leave the water off at the street. You can turn the main on when you get home.
- North Las Vegas – Combines sewer & garbage with this bill. You will be paying all of that bill unless indicated in your contract. If they don’t have access, they will leave the water off at the street. You can turn the main on when you get home.
- Henderson – Combines sewer & garbage with this bill. You will be paying all of that bill unless indicated in your contract. If they don’t have access, they will leave the water off at the street. You can turn the main on when you get home.
- ***Water Schedules – If your property has landscaping, you will receive a notice in the mail with your watering schedule and your group letter. This dictates what days you can water. Your irrigation clock is usually inside the garage. It is your responsibility to learn how to use it. If you want us to come out and set your clock, the charge is $25. If you get a fine for excessive use of water, you are responsible for that.
- Sewer – Your contract will specify if you pay the owner or not at all.
- Garbage – Your contract will specify if you pay the owner or not at all.
First 30 Days – We allow a grace period for repairs on functionality unless it is specified in your contract. You have 30 days to make sure everything is functioning. After the first 30 days, you will be required to pay the deductible shown in your contract.
Your property may come with a home warranty. If it does, you will be given a home warranty sheet before you move in. It will have instructions on how to use it and how much your deductible is. The deductible is spelled out in your lease.
AC / HEATING
Verify this is working when you move in please.
Air Filters will save you huge money in the long run. If you change your air filters every 3 months, you will reduce the cost of your air conditioning bill.
If there are leaks or something doesn’t work when you move in, contact us immediately and we will get it fixed.
Your contract spells out which appliances are included. We will not replace an appliance if it is functioning.
J&J Appliances (702) 823-3081 offer terrific used appliances and I highly recommend them.
If you have an HOA, you will be required to meet the requirements set up by the HOA. Generally, as long as you keep your stuff neater than your neighbor, you are good. If a complaint is filed against the property, you will be required to reimburse us. Failure to reimburse us is a violation of your contract and reason for an eviction. If you don’t have an HOA, just please be courteous to your neighbor and don’t rebuild transmissions in your driveway…
If your pets are a nuisance to your neighbors, this will violate your lease and could be grounds for an eviction. Please be respectful.
This is our favorite real estate legal term and refers to your rights as a buyer/tenant. This means if you pay on time and we don’t get complaints from the HOA or neighbors, you will never hear or see us again. We do occasionally drive by a property on our normal rounds throughout the city but won’t be knocking on your door unless we see something obviously wrong.
If you have a repair that is not urgent, contact the office at (702) 430-7900. We manage different types of properties so your circumstance may be unique. For example, some of our investors just hire us to find you so you may be required to call the owner if you have a repair issue.
(702) 690-9201 <<<< Put this on your refrigerator!
This phone number will broadcast your message to all our technicians. The closest technician will respond ASAP.
We take late payments and non-payment seriously. Avoid problems by paying on time.
- Grace Periods
Your contract will specify what your grace period is. If you make a payment after your grace period, you will pay a penalty. You will get a 5-day notice if you exceed the grace period. If you see a 5-day notice on your door, it means we didn’t receive payment and you are going to be paying our service charge of $50 + late fees.
- No Payment
If you do not pay, you will be evicted. If you do not respond to a 5-day notice, you will be evicted and your deposit or option fees forfeited. We are immune to “Country Western” songs and evict folks because it’s our job. If you are from a different state, you will be shocked at how fast we can toss you out. The judges here are also immune to “Country Western” songs. Pay on time and we will get along just fine.